Mobile Dealer is seeking Senior Software Engineers to join our team of creative developers. As a Software Engineer, you will be a pivotal member of an established team, responsible for developing critical applications. You will work on projects that span technologies, systems, and processes where you will design, test, and ship high quality code every day. In this cross functional role, you will collaborate with architecture, product management, and operations to build mission critical internal and external features that enable core APIs for Mobile Dealer.
- Aid in design and maintain the integrity of solutions.
- Work directly with stakeholders to understand real world problems in our domain.
- Design and deliver technical solutions to business and product problems.
- Evolve problem statements into actionable items that enable the team to deliver measurable value.
- Demonstrate ownership of initiatives and drive them through to completion.
- Gather and processes raw, structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data using batch and real-time data processing frameworks.
- Implement and optimize data solutions in enterprise data warehouses and big data repositories, focusing primarily on movement to the cloud.
- Ensure data quality and implement tools and frameworks for automating the identification of data quality issues.
- Working in a continuous integration, testing, and delivery SDLC employing automation
- Eager to dig into problems and bring proposed solutions to group discussion.
- Open to feedback and able to creatively adapt multiple ideas into a solution.
- Analytical skills and the ability to pay careful attention to detail.
- Technical writing including high- and low-level diagramming techniques.
- BA/BS degree and 5 years’ experience; or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Strong coding, debugging and problem-solving skills in Python
- Experience with the AWS Serverless Computing stack (e.g., Lambda, DynamoDB, S3, SQS, API Gateway, et al.)
- Experience developing microservices architecture
- Experience implementing REST and/or Graph APIs
- Experience with CI/CD, unit testing, and IAC tools
- Experience with software engineering on-call rotations
What We Look For (preferred):
- Experience using data science and machine learning frameworks (preferably in Python)
- Experience with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.)
- Experience maintaining application documentation and creating API specifications
- Experience mentoring/leading newer or less experienced team members
- Exposure to concepts like the Well-Architected Framework and the Twelve Factor App
- Public speaking skills
- Experience managing a Federated GraphQL schema.
- Experience working with monitoring tools like NewRelic, DataDog, Splunk, etc.
- Experience with a variety of dealer management systems
- Experience working with Data Science preferred python packages like Pandas, scikit-learn, etc
- Familiarity with basic statistical models