Product Marketing Manager
Mobile Dealer is currently looking for a Product Marketing Manager to join our team in Ottawa. This position may also be a work-at-home position.
Do you love bringing products to life for customers? Is your passion identifying and solving for customer problems? Do you love asking questions to dig deeper and learn more? Are you an expert at pulling nuggets out of research and data to help tell a product story?
The Product Marketing Manager is responsible for being both an advocate and key spokesperson for assigned products and will serve as a product subject matter expert within the Mobile Dealer Marketing organization. By applying your knowledge of current and future product plans, you will lead the development of compelling value propositions and insightful market positioning and strategy to help drive revenue and achieve agreed-upon business goals. This role will collaborate with internal departments such as Product Management, Sales, Operations, Market Research, and teams within Marketing, including Content, Field Marketing, and Channel Marketing.
The ideal candidate will have experience in product, portfolio, or solutions marketing. Experience in crafting marketing approaches that address key customer pain points and target audiences is key. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Product Marketing.
- Develop and oversee the product marketing approach for a suite of products, identifying positioning, value propositions, competitive comparisons, research and data insights and target audiences that will inform development of marketing content & assets.
- Develop and articulate clear and compelling customer pain points, market positioning, and value statements to guide the content strategy with key internal & external communication departments (marketing, training, etc.)
- Serve as day-to-day marketing contact to business partners, product leads, sales team and internal marketing team to align go-to-market strategies, operational enhancements, and tactics with the product roadmap
- Develop positioning and go-to-market approach for new product launches and key product enhancements
- Create annual and quarterly marketing plans to drive product/service revenue and adoption for assigned product portfolio.
- Monitor research, competitors, customers, sales engagements, internal data and insights, etc. to identify customer needs and market opportunities.
- Energize company internally and customers with compelling presentations, customer successes, exciting wins, etc.
- Understand product decision-makers, users and influencers to inform product development, messaging, and sales/marketing approaches.
- Determines appropriate prioritization of projects based on revenue opportunity and market/customer needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and 5 years of marketing experience or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Excellent communication skills – both spoken and written.
- Polished presentation skills, with ability to influence partners and engage with various levels within the organization.
- Outstanding follow-through, time management, and project management skills to deliver results.
- Proactive, intellectually curious, self-starter, with a strong desire to continually learn and grow.
- Marketing or Product Marketing experience and background.
- Analytics or analytical knowledge, or related market research skills.
- Prior experience in the automotive industry.
- Prior experience in a sales driven, B2B organization.