Media Marketing Manager
Mobile Dealer is currently looking for a Marketing Manager to join our team in Ottawa. This position may also be a work-at-home position.
As a Senior Manager, you will play a vital role in the strategic media planning, execution, reporting and optimization of paid media. You will oversee our agency partners and collaborate with internal performance, social and CRM teams to craft holistic media plans that drive business results.
The successful candidate will be considered a media expert who can develop, implement and analyze all facets of paid media. They will have excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and must be results/metrics-driven. Candidate should possess, strong analytical, critical thinking skills and strategic agility, and must be able to work effectively within a matrixed functional organization in partnership with key business partners, internal and external.
- Be a Leader
- Own communications planning and media buying strategy across paid channels including video, audio, digital, podcasts, emerging media.
- Leverage insights, learnings, and modeling to help determine the right budget and channel mix.
- Manage media agency partner teams to ensure that strategies and plans deliver against business objectives and create impact in the marketplace.
- Define and reinforce media quality standards for brand safety, viewability, verification and fraud reduction.
- Be a Collaborator
- Effectively partner with internal Decision Sciences, Analytics, and Consumer Insights teams to help guide media plans and subsequent optimizations.
- Collaborate with creative teams and agencies to ensure media plans and creative concepts are aligned.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to author and present best practices and POVs to internal teams and Sr. Leadership.
- Be A Disruptor
- Identify innovative ways for measuring brand media via cross channel measurement including media mix modeling and attribution.
- Create a pipeline of new and disruptive ideas and methods of marketing including “test and learn” plans and analysis.
- Keep abreast of emerging media, industry and competitive trends to push innovation and thought leadership on an ongoing basis.
- Be a Storyteller
- Leverage storytelling ability to describe marketing’s impact on the business and the influential role it plays when helping consumers through the shopping process.
- Create and present media plans across teams and to Sr. Leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or related field and 10+ years of media planning/buying experience across all paid media channels with at least 3 years of experience in a management/leadership role OR an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- A deep understanding of marketing tactics across Digital, TV, VOD/OTT, Audio, Social, SEM.
- Experience with programmatic platforms and media buys.
- Demonstrated track record of thought leadership and innovation.
- Media Agency experience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work independently, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and direction.
- Must be a self-starter and quick learner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.