At Mobile Dealer, we’re forward-thinking innovators who put people first. The General Manager will be responsible for the leadership of strategic and operational aspects of the company. The successful candidate will be a business executive with strong decision-making and leadership skills. This person must have the ability to navigate and influence within an entrepreneurial culture, a diverse group, and a rapidly growing organization.
The leader in this role will drive discipline, uniformity, and expansion of the platform’s capabilities and client base. He or she will ensure accountability across the organization, proactively develop and guide company strategy, protect and enhance the culture, ensure sales growth and customer satisfaction, and proactively build and leverage matrix relationships.
This leadership position will enhance disciplines and qualifying criteria used in assessing new potential expansion routes within automotive and other respective dealership industries. This individual will establish a focused, communicative, and results-oriented management team capable of scaling and supporting an organization that will continue to develop and grow in a rapidly changing marketplace.
Starting at $120,000 base + commission
USA, Canada, UK, Europe
As the General Manager, your primary responsibility will be to…
- Provide strategic leadership.
- Own the P&L, including hitting revenue growth and operating efficiency targets.
- Transform and expand the business from being logistics focused to software focused with a more technical view.
- Lead by example and collaborate with senior team to execute our strategic plan, evolve the business, serve customers with excellence, and achieve the full potential as an industry-leading platform with national presence.
- Act and function as the chief spokesperson, representing Mobile Dealer at external conferences and forums, and to media and analysts.
Develop and maintain operational excellence
- Champion innovation and the product and enablement roadmaps to solve critical industry challenges, ensure product-market fit, expand differentiation, and drive demand.
- Specify, build business cases for, and oversee technical, operational, procedural, and organizational investments and transformations in accordance with the strategic blueprint.
- Lead the team to ensure that the business stays in compliance with key industry and company InfoSec standards and certifications.
- Evaluate operations for ongoing best practices, evaluation and improvement of processes, systems, and technologies.
- Develop and monitor business performance metrics, establish the infrastructure to achieve rapid but fiscally responsible scalability, relying on data and analytics to support the company vision.
- Be responsible for executing the talent plan, including increasing the breadth and depth of roles dedicated to serving the business and its customers.
- Build and nurture a collaborative, caring, results-oriented, inclusive, and fun corporate culture, that deeply cares for Mobile Dealer’s employees, customers, business partners, and communities.
- Establish credibility with the senior management team, business partners and stakeholders driving operational excellence, accountability, and improvements across the organization.
- General management experience, including 5+ years with full P&L responsibility.
- Relevant automotive industry expertise and relationships, and established industry credibility.
- Demonstrated success in a senior-level role (potentially as GM/CEO, head of tech, head of product, or head of sales) at a tech platform company, ideally, Automotive.
- A command of business metrics and their implications; ability to drive crisp and clear decisions and recommendations drawing from various data points, stakeholder perspectives, and considerations.
- Demonstrated success as a senior team member leading through high growth, complex business transformation, and/or performance turnaround.
- Expert and motivational communicator and storyteller.
- Responsibility for leading and developing a cross-functional and growing organization.
- Genuine dedication to employees, team members and customers, and to achieving and maintaining a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment.